Video Art Miden is hosted for the first time by Dance Days Chania, an international festival on contemporary dance based in Chania, Crete. The 10th Dance Days Chania will be held 15- 28 of July 2020. In the video dance section, curated by Aliki Chiotaki, Video Art Miden will present the selection “Dancing for a reason”, curated by Margarita Stavraki, on July 28, 2020.
Dancing for a reason
Why does an artist use dance on screen as a mean of artistic expression? Is the story that he wants to tell us more expressive through movement? Is it the rhythm and the image of the moving bodies that activates him? Or is it the dance itself that tries to put it on the screen frame and see it as a spectator?
- Αnastasia Diga, The rosetta mission vol.1, Greece 2016, 5.26
- Barbara Brugola, To See The Sky, Dance, Italy 2018, 3.30
- Daphna Mero, Washed, Israel 2012, 13.18
- Marta Arjona & Alexia Pascual, L’aroma de la terra mullada li sembla més dolça que mai, Spain 2019, 4.57
- Louise Coetzer & Oscar O’Ryan, GIVE/TAKE (the act of erasure), South Africa 2019, 3.54
More info and updates on DDC website: dancedays.gr