Video Art Miden collaborates with ΞΟΥΘ Festival, a 5day international festival which will take place 18- 22 of December 2019, in two spaces at the center of Athens, a historic building at 33, Voukourestiou str, which opens its doors especially on this occasion, and at the space of ARTENS (40, Voukourestiou str), the organizer of the festival.
In the frame of ΞΟΥΘ Festival, which undergoes under the theme “Emerging Differentialities”, Video Art Miden presents the international video art program Get [it] out of your system, curated by Gioula Papadopoulou. The 9 works included in this program deal –some of them more directly and some of them more symbolically- with concepts and perceptions of political and social aspects of life, that are of major concern for each one of us in contemporary reality. Political systems and tactics, truths and lies in the political games, the cruel economy of the business world, social impoverishment, endless wars, endless “why” and the psychology of the masses are the main themes of the works presented. Symbolically, the program begins and ends -in an almost cyclical way- with a fire in a trash can, but with a totally different approach and narrative in each work, leading to a – possible and always symbolic – solution.
- Yiorgos Drosos, District one, Greece 2014-2015, 1.50
- Mircea Bobînă, ФРИДОМ/Freedom, Moldova/Romania 2018, 4.24
- Ana Rodríguez León, Beyond action, Spain 2018, 5.40
- Anna Grigorian, The Jumping Ruler, Armenia/Canada 2017, 5.40
- Rosary Solimanto, Beggar, USA 2017, 3.57
- Pablo Polledri, Corp, Spain 2016, 9.00
- Mansoor Mansoori, Fire and Ash, India 2018, 3.45
- Kuesti Fraun, How many beans make five?, Germany 2018, 2.13
- Eyal Segal, Montag, Israel 2017, 5.41
Production manager: Evi Peterson – Art Director & Managing Partner of ARTENS
Curators: Magenta (Elena Timblalexi, Katerina Sotiriou)