Video Art Miden has been invited to present the screening program “Daydream”, curated by Giorgos Dimitrakopoulos, in the frame of the parallel events of the Kalamata Street Festival 2018, which will take place in Kalamata Railway Park, 26-29 of July 2018.
Kalamata Street Festival is a public event with free entrance for the audience, which includes music concerts and various parallel activities, such as street theater, street art workshops, screenings and art exhibitions.
Video Art Miden program:
Curated by Giorgos Dimitrakopoulos
Duration: 65 min
“Daydream” is a selection of 15 videos which focus on music and sound and their interaction with the moving image. The program includes video art works from USA, Australia, Italy, Mexico, UK, Germany, France, Greece, Russia and Japan, leading us to different magical worlds of imagination. Diverse sounds and musical styles merge together in an audiovisual journey, like a carefree walk in the coastal zone of a Mediterranean city.
- Dean Winkler, Maureen Nappi, Donald S. Butler, 140 Characters, NYC/Australia 2017, 05.35
- Sara Bonaventura, stakra, USA/Italy 2017, 4.50
- Toby Kaufmann-Buhler & Assembler/Responder, Kenojuak Ashevak, USA 2017, 3.13
- APOTROPIA, Φ, Italy 2017, 4.44
- Adrián Regnier, N., Mexico 2017, 9.09
- Eleonora Roaro, 00:00:01:00, UK 2016, 2.00
- Nadine Arbeiter, My Three Lyrical Identities, Germany 2016, 6.30
- Antonis Rozakis, Escape shadows (from Athens), Greece 2014, 2.42
- Anna Tsukanova-Kott, EAT ART, Russia 2018, 3.38
- Fenia Kotsopoulou & Daz Disley, Carriage Return, UK 2017, 1.00
- Pasquale D’Amico, True Love, Italy 2017, 2.43
- Jason Bernagozzi, Emergence, USA 2017, 2.50
- Mikio Saito, The Fish, Japan 2017, 5.56
- Jack Williams, Light Switch, Japan 2017, 1.40
- Gérard Cairaschi, IRAE, France 2017, 5.25