CALL FOR ENTRIES 2019-20
Deadline extension: December 20, 2019
Video Art Miden invites all video artists and video creators to participate in the next events & collaborations of Miden.
The call is open to every creator (individuals, groups or organizations) of any nationality and background. There is no entry fee.
There are no thematic or morphological restrictions, but for our next edition we are particularly interested in video art, video-performance, video-dance, experimental music videos, animation, always with an artistic approach.
In addition, we address a special call for the following thematic tributes:
-a tribute to Ophelia
-a special call under the theme “Safe Mode”, which will be curated and exhibited in collaboration with TILT platform. “Safe Mode”, known to every computer user as a tech term, should be also used anthropologically and metaphorically, to describe and explore processes and phenomena of modern life, based on politics, human behavior and psychology. TILT is a creative platform of artists, researchers and theorists. The TILT platform creates and presents art projects and exhibitions, explores and intervenes in the public space and on the Internet. More info on the concept of Safe Mode can be found here
-a special call under the theme “Frontpage”, which will be curated and exhibited in collaboration with curator Eva Maragaki (AxionArt) and the European Communication Institute (ECI). The exhibition is scheduled to take place in Athens in spring of 2020. For this specific project we are seeking for video art works which make creative use of news and headlines in newspapers, magazines and the internet.
-a special tribute to the history of Greek video art, for which we invite visual artists from Greece who incorporated video in their artistic practice since the ’80s and ’90s to send us their early art videos (or video documentations of video-installations and performances) from this period. Curators who would like to contribute their research on this theme are also welcomed.
There is no entry fee.
Entry forms and preview links can be submitted electronically until December 20, 2019 at festivalmiden[at]gmail.com.
Please read carefully entry rules and regulations before filling the entry form.
Duration of the submitted works preferably under 10 min.
SENDING PROPOSALS (ENTRY FORM AND PREVIEW LINK)
• Creators can send one or several proposals, filling in a separate entry form for each video.
• Send us the filled entry form (word) along with at least 1 videostill from the submitted work (at best possible resolution) at: festivalmiden[at]gmail.com
• Do not forget to send us a preview link at this phase (please add it in the appropriate field of the entry form)
• The selection by the curatorial team will be made based on the preview links, so please note that the preview should not be just an except, but the whole video. When the selection process is complete, artists whose work is selected will then be notified to send as soon as possible copies of their works in screening quality (HD or HQ)
WHEN NOTIFIED THAT YOUR VIDEO IS SELECTED
• Videos should be sent electronically via any free upload/download service (e.g. wetransfer.com, sendspace.com, dropbox or via your personal website) in the best possible quality for screening (preview copies in low resolution or excerpts from the video will not be considered)
•When your upload is complete, send us your link for download at festivalmiden[at]gmail.com
•Accepted formats: .mp4, .avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mkv
• Screening copies should be sent by the selected artists after the announcement of the final selection. The list of selected works and the deadline for the screening copies will be announced to all participants via e-mail.
In the following cases you may send us a message at festivalmiden[at]gmail.com
• in exceptional circumstances (for countries or regions with limited access to internet or for any other reason that you may not be able to upload a preview or send your work electronically) you may send your work by traditional post (please send us an e-mail to give you address and details).
• in case your work is over 10min but you are interested in submitting it: please send us a preview and relative info (if selected, you will then be asked to fill in and sign an entry form)
• your video has not been completed, but is in a final stage, by the end of the submission period: send us info and the estimated time you need to complete it.
• The curatorial team of Miden schedules and organises various events & collaborations throughout 2020-21 in Greece and other countries.
• For each event, the complete screening program, exact dates and places will be announced on time to the artists, posted on our website www.festivalmiden.gr and published to the press media
• Selection and programming is decided only by the curatorial team of Video Art Miden
• Video Art Miden has the right to reject a work without any further explanation
• Video Art Miden does not send printed material (poster, program etc.) to participant artists. Electronic material will be posted on Miden’s website www.festivalmiden.gr
• Miden reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate a scheduled event or the entire schedule of events due to force majeure or other critical reasons, without any further obligations.
By submitting the entry form, you accept the festival’s regulations and permit:
• the free presentation of part of the proposed video in Miden’s events and collaborations for 2020-21 and/or in future screenings, presentations and events organized, co-organised or curated by Video Art Miden
• TV broadcast of the submitted video (or part of it) for promotional purposes
• presentation of the proposed video (or part of it) on the official website www.festivalmiden.gr or online exhibitions curated by Video Art Miden
• publication of video stills extracted from the video in printed material, our website/social media and press media
• publication of the texts enclosed to the proposal (cv, synopsis, etc.)
• archival, non-profit usage of the proposed video by Video Art Miden
Please read carefully entry rules and regulations and fill the entry form. Works submitted without the official entry form will be automatically regarded as positive to all rules & regulations with responsibility of the sender/author. The same if the entry form is semi-completed. Works submitted without basic video info and author’s cv will not proceed for selection.