Kalamata Art Center invites Video Art Miden to present a tribute to Greek video art on Thursday, 21 of March 2019, 20:00 h. The tribute consists of a lecture on the evolution of video art in Greece and a screening program, presenting a selection of contemporary video art works, by acclaimed and emerging Greek artists.
Lecture: Evolution of video art in Greece (approx. duration: 30 min)
Screening program: Anatomy of silence (duration: 33 min)
Lecturer-curator: Gioula Papadopoulou
Anatomy of silence:
A selection of Greek video art, which gathers visual works that silently but sharply comment on human existence, through strong symbolic images and minimalistic actions.
- Babis Venetopoulos, Ship of Fools, Greece 2017, 3.32
- For Cancel [Takis Zerdevas, Zoi Pirini, Makis Faros], Through the wasteland, Greece 2018, 6.29
- Makis Faros, The will, Greece 2018, 4.01
- Gioula Papadopoulou, Fall, Greece 2018, 1.51
- Poly Kokkinia, Out my body, Greece 2005, 1.59
- Alexandros Kaklamanos, Skin Shedding, Greece 2016, 7.57
- Fotis Kolokithas, Point, Greece 2017, 2.25
- Yiannis Pappas, Reflex, Germany 2017, 1.34
- Anna Vasof, Popcorn Free Throws, Austria 2018, 1.32
Kalamata Art Center (Municipal Art Workshop – FARIS), 8 Navarinou str, coast of Kalamata.