CALL FOR ENTRIES 2013
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Video Art Festival Miden invites all video artists and video creators to participate in this year’s 9th edition of the festival.
The festival call is open to every creator (individuals, groups or organizations) of any nationality and background.
There is no entry fee.
Entry forms and works can be submitted electronically until March 31, 2013
Please read carefully entry rules and regulations before filling the entry form.
Download Entry Form
The proposed video can be of any genre (video art, experimental video, animation, short movie etc.) and there are no thematic restrictions. But every year the curatorial team proposes some themes and this year the proposed showcases are:
- a special program entitled "Come as you are"
- a special program entitled "Mother"
- a special program entitled "It needs some silence to make sound"
- we also invite artists and creators who come from, have lived or have any kind of love-hate relationship with the city Kalamata (GR) to submit works for the continuous program entitled “Local Calling!”. The program aims to create a communication network between artists that are connected or related to Kalamata (the birth city of the festival) in any way.
Duration of the submitted works preferably under 10 min.
Please send us your works in the best available quality (HD if available).
- .avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mkv, .mp4, .vob (DVD-Video)
SENDING PROPOSALS (ENTRY FORM AND VIDEO)
• Videos should be sent electronically via any free upload/download service (e.g. wetransfer.com, sendspace.com, dropbox or via your personal website) in the best possible quality for screening (preview copies in low resolution or excerpts from the video will not be considered)
• When your upload is complete, send us your link for download, along with the filled entry form and at least 1 videostill (in best possible resolution) at: festivalmiden[at]gmail.com
• Creators can send one or several proposals, filling in a separate entry form for each video.
• Please indicate on your application whether you are applying for one of the special showcases mentioned above.
In the following cases you may send us a message at festivalmiden[at]gmail.com or info[at]festivalmiden.gr
• in exceptional circumstances (for countries or regions with limited access to internet or for any other reason that you may not be able to send your work electronically) you may send your work by traditional post (please send us an e-mail to give you address and details).
• in case your work is over 10min but you are interested in submitting it: please send us a preview and relative info
• your video has not been completed, but is in a final stage, by the end of the submission period: send us info and the estimated time you need to complete it.
• Festival Miden 2013 is scheduled to take place in Kalamata, Greece, in July 2013. Additional screenings and events will be organized in Kalamata, Athens and other cities/countries after July.
• Τhe complete screening program, exact dates and places will be posted on the festival website www.festivalmiden.gr and published to the press media
• Selection and programming is decided only by the festival’s curators
• Τhe festival has the right to reject a work without any further explanation
• Festival Miden does not send printed material (poster, program etc.) to participant artists. Electronic material will be posted on the festival’s website www.festivalmiden.gr
• The festival reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate a scheduled event or the entire festival due to force majeure or other critical reasons, without any further obligations.
Please read carefully entry rules and regulations and fill the entry form. Works submitted without the festival’s official entry form will be automatically regarded as positive to all rules & regulations with responsibility of the sender/author. The same if the entry form is semi-completed. Works submitted without basic video info and author’s cv will not proceed for selection.
By submitting the entry form, you accept the festival’s regulations and permit:
• the free presentation of part of the proposed video in the context of Festival Miden 2013 and in future screenings, presentations and events organized or curated by Festival Miden
• TV broadcast of the submitted video for promotional purposes
• presentation of the proposed video (or part of it) on the festival’s website www.festivalmiden.gr
• publication of video stills extracted from the video in festival printed material, the festival’s website and press media
• publication of the texts enclosed to the proposal (cv, synopsis, etc.)
• archival, non-profit usage of the proposed video by the festival