CALL FOR ENTRIES 2016
Deadline: April 10, 2016
Video Art Festival Miden invites all video artists and video creators to participate in this year’s events & collaborations of the festival.
The festival call is open to every creator (individuals, groups or organizations) of any nationality and background.
There is no entry fee.
Entry forms and preview links can be submitted electronically until April 10, 2016
Please read carefully entry rules and regulations before filling the entry form.
Download Entry Form
This year, we are seeking proposals that fit to the following themes:
- "Game Over"
- "The story of…"
- "Home sweet home?"
- "Beckett me" (a special tribute to Irish writer Samuel Beckett)
- videodance & performance videos
- a special showcase with videos made by -or for- kids & teens, for educational use
- we also invite artists and creators who come from, have lived or have any kind of love-hate relationship with the city Kalamata (GR) to submit works for the continuous program entitled “Local Calling!”. The program aims to create a communication network between artists that are connected or related to Kalamata (the birth city of the festival) in any way.
Duration of the submitted works preferably under 10 min.
SENDING PROPOSALS (ENTRY FORM AND PREVIEW LINK)
• Creators can send one or several proposals, filling in a separate entry form for each video.
• Please indicate on your application and your e-mail the thematic program (or programs) you are applying for (please refer to the list of the themes mentioned above).
• Send us along the filled entry form and at least 1 videostill from the submitted work (at best possible resolution) at: festivalmiden[at]gmail.com
• Do not forget to send us a preview link at this phase (please add it in the appropriate field of the entry form)
• The selection by the curatorial team will be made based on the preview links, so please note that the preview should not be just an except, but the whole video. When the selection process is complete, artists whose work is selected will then be notified to send as soon as possible copies of their works in screening quality (preferably HD)
WHEN NOTIFIED THAT YOUR VIDEO IS SELECTED
• Videos should be sent electronically via any free upload/download service (e.g. wetransfer.com, sendspace.com, dropbox or via your personal website) in the best possible quality for screening (preview copies in low resolution or excerpts from the video will not be considered)
•When your upload is complete, send us your link for download at festivalmiden[at]gmail.com
•Accepted formats: .avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mkv, .mp4, .vob
• Screening copies should be sent until end of May 2016
In the following cases you may send us a message at festivalmiden[at]gmail.com or info[at]festivalmiden.gr
• in exceptional circumstances (for countries or regions with limited access to internet or for any other reason that you may not be able to upload a preview or send your work electronically) you may send your work by traditional post (please send us an e-mail to give you address and details).
• in case your work is over 10min but you are interested in submitting it: please send us a preview and relative info (if selected, you will then be asked to fill in and sign an entry form)
• your video has not been completed, but is in a final stage, by the end of the submission period: send us info and the estimated time you need to complete it.
• Festival Miden schedules and organises various events & collaborations throughout the year to take place in Kalamata, Athens and/or other cities/countries.
• For each event, the complete screening program, exact dates and places will be announced in time to the artists, posted on the festival website www.festivalmiden.gr and published to the press media
• Selection and programming is decided only by the festival’s curators
• Τhe festival has the right to reject a work without any further explanation
• Festival Miden does not send printed material (poster, program etc.) to participant artists. Electronic material will be posted on the festival’s website www.festivalmiden.gr
• The festival reserves the right to cancel, postpone or relocate a scheduled event or the entire schedule of events due to force majeure or other critical reasons, without any further obligations.
By submitting the entry form, you accept the festival’s regulations and permit:
• the free presentation of part of the proposed video in the festival’s events and collaborations for 2016 and/or in future screenings, presentations and events organized, co-organised or curated by Festival Miden
• TV broadcast of the submitted video (or part of it) for promotional purposes
• presentation of the proposed video (or part of it) on the festival’s website www.festivalmiden.gr or online exhibitions curated by Festival Miden
• publication of video stills extracted from the video in festival printed material, the festival’s website and press media
• publication of the texts enclosed to the proposal (cv, synopsis, etc.)
• archival, non-profit usage of the proposed video by the festival
Please read carefully entry rules and regulations and fill the entry form. Works submitted without the festival’s official entry form will be automatically regarded as positive to all rules & regulations with responsibility of the sender/author. The same if the entry form is semi-completed. Works submitted without basic video info and author’s cv will not proceed for selection.