Video Art Miden has been invited by the 1st Lefktron Castle Beaufort Festival to present the screening program “Scenes from an unwritten fairytale” in Mani (Peloponnese, Greece).
The 1st Lefktron Castle Beaufort Festival will take place June 29-July 1, 2018. The screening is scheduled for June 30, 21:30, at an open space (a garden) in Stoupa, Mani.
1st Lefktron Castle (Beaufort) Festival is a three day event taking place at the historic site of the ancient Lefktron Castle (Beaufort) on the hill overlooking the village of Stoupa in the West Mani.
It is organized by the Cultural Association of Art & Nature “NARTURA” and the Ephorate of Antiquities of Messinia. The festival is part of the “European Cultural Heritage Year 2018”.
The festival combines visual arts, music, performances and various activities addressed to a wide audience. During the festival, the whole hill will be turned into a venue for an outdoor art workshop. All performances and activities will be free for the public.
Video Art Miden program/participant artists:
Scenes from an unwritten fairytale
Curated by Gioula Papadopoulou
The videos in this program guide us, through various types and techniques of video art and many different narratives, to colorful fairy-tale worlds, sometimes playful and sometimes dark, with an eerie tone.
- Patricia Bentancur, Untitled, (Play), Uruguay 2014, 1.35
- Rita Casdia, It’s you, Italy 2017, 2.35
- Ana Brotas & Xavier Ovídio, Living Forms, Portugal 2017, 3.10
- Maria Korporal,Dust Thou Art, Germany 2017, 3.32
- Sven Windszus, PURE WHITE, Germany 2017, 3.00
- Chen Wang, Utopia Process, USA 2018, 4.34
- Segovan, Khoros (3), France/Canada 2018, 2.40
- Natasha Cantwell, Spinneret, Australia/New Zealand 2018, 1.40
- Pablo-Martín Córdoba, Paris-Saint-Lazare Station, April 10, 2017, 12h03-12h07, France 2017, 4.26
- Juan Alonso & Nicolás Rico, Focãris, Colombia 2014, 2.56
- Alva Morgenstern, Happily Ever After, Austria 2017, 7.17
- Mary Savva, broken, Greece 2017, 4.10
- Yuri Dorokhin / REC Studio, Baikal-Totem, Russia 2017, 3.57